The Director of Development will plan and implement a donor development and fundraising program to provide for short- and long-term needs of Abiding Savior Academy.
- Works with Chief Operating Officer (COO) to determine primary scope of projects and needs.
- Collaborate with Executive Board of Abiding Savior and serves on the Executive School Board.
- Set annual monetary goals according to short and long-term goals.
- Establish fundraising objectives for the organization in 1-5-, 5-10-, and 10–25- year increments.
- Identifies and recruits ideal donors / donor groups from within the Academy, church, and community.
- Maintains a list of potential financial donors including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Provides relevant and informative communication with previous donors and the public.
- Research potential sources of philanthropic partnership opportunities
- Oversees all fundraising processes and events in partnership with COO and Finance office.
- Plans fundraising events that effectively communicate the purposes of the organization.
- Proven work experience as a development director or similar professional development success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of tax planning principles and techniques that benefit charitable giving.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or similar field required.
- Five years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization highly preferred.
Responsibility for overall organizational development or some professional sales qualify.