We are excited to have you join us at Abiding Savior Academy! We look forward to partnering with you as we seek to provide a Christ-centered and Bible based education for your child(ren).
Preschool families applying for admission: Our Tuesday/Thursday 3-year-old AM class has been filled. Any applications selecting this option will be automatically added to the waitlist.
- Preschool through fifth grade will be located at the 4100 S. Bahnson Avenue campus
- Sixth through twelfth grade will be located at the 308 W. 37th Street campus
- Preschool (Three-year-old): Must be three by September 1 of the attending school year and must be potty trained
- Offered T/TH 9:00-11:30am or T/TH 12:30-3:00pm
- Preschool (Four- and Five-year-olds): Must be four by September 1 of the attending year
- Offered M/W/F 9:00-11:30am or M/W/F 12:30-3:00pm
- Junior Kindergarten: Must be five by December 1 of the attending school year
- Offered Monday through Friday, 8:00-11:30am
- Kindergarten: Must be five by September 1 of the attending school year
- Offered Monday through Friday, 8:00-2:45pm
- If a child has successfully completed the previous school year and his or her schoolwork and behavior compare favorably to the comparable grade at Abiding Academy, the child will likely be placed in the grade for which he or she is applying.
- If, through the administration of the placement testing (required of all new students in the summer before entry), it is determined that the child may not be adequately prepared for the next sequential grade level, it may be necessary that he or she repeat the previous grade.
Admission Requirements for Parents:
- The parents of students in Abiding Academy must have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and purpose of the school. This understanding includes a willingness to have their child exposed to the clear teaching of Abiding Academy’s Mission Statement in various and frequent ways within the school’s program.
- The parents must be willing to cooperate with the written policies of Abiding Academy and understand the partnership that exists with the Academy in all areas, including communication, schoolwork standards, prioritizing attendance, and behavior management.
Application Process for New Students:
- Schedule a campus visit. This visit provides an opportunity to view our campus and see all that Abiding Academy has to offer.
- Review the Abiding Savior Academy Parent/Student Handbook to understand our expectations. At the start of the school year, parents (and students at the Logic/Rhetoric level) will be required to sign the current handbook indicating agreement and intent to follow the policies as written.
- Complete the online application for admission.
- An application must be completed for each child.
- Be prepared to upload a copy of the child’s birth certificate and immunization records as part of the application.
- After submitting the application, complete the Tuition Express form contained in the confirmation email.
- Scan or submit a photo of the completed Tuition Express form to email@example.com or drop off at the Abiding Academy office.
- Upon submission of your Tuition Express form, you will be charged the non-refundable application fee once the account has been established.*
- $50.00 early application fee (per child) through March 15th
- $100.00 application fee (per child) beginning March 16th.
- Complete the Release of Records online form (contained in the confirmation email) to allow us to request records pertaining to prior school history. These records are typically released at the end of the current school year by your child’s school and provide us important information regarding your child’s education history. If your child is homeschooled, we may ask for work samples.
- In early summer, we will work with you to schedule placement tests (typically first grade and above) to determine how your child fits within our educational setting.
- After reviewing the educational records and placement test results, a meeting will be scheduled with the appropriate principal to determine final acceptance and enrollment in Abiding Academy.
- Late August, plan to attend our fall orientation and open house to prepare for the upcoming school year.
- Once accepted, it is the responsibility of all new students attending Abiding Academy to complete the SD Alternative Instruction Notification online form prior to the beginning of the school year.
Thank you for completing the application process. We look forward to having you as part of the Abiding Academy community!
*Classes that have an enrollment cap will institute a waiting list with appropriate notification.
Application fees will not be applied for preschool families on a waiting list until enrollment has been confirmed.